Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Good, The Bad, The Nothing

Some people consider being bad is easy. Just break the rules, don't follow any of them. And especially when you're high or drunk, then... it comes naturally. But it's also hard to be bad. Try being the bad guy in a situation that needs one. Rarely does one step up. And at these times, the people that do are the bad guys or actually doing the right thing. Or even try to break rules when you're basically a good person. It takes guts to break rules when you know that it would damage property, create loss, and even conflict danger to other beings. Especially when you have aged in your life and is presumably... wiser. But too much has been said about being bad anyways... so I'll skip it.
 
So is being good any easier? I think there is a misunderstanding about being good. Of course the term 'good' is relative but I'm not debating about it. The misunderstanding, I personally think is from either being good or doing nothing at all. Many of us tend to staple the 'good guys' to those that live their lives and not getting in to trouble; living live as it should be. While I think that this is the case of doing nothing. While being good is actually trying to be a saint. Helping people, saying thank you and please, no to be rude or impolite, of course to my own standard. So what are you? Or tp be more precise, what am I?
 
Take for instance when you see an accident happen and you just stair and watch. You're not laughing at the victims which could be relatively bad, but your not helping the victim at all being relatively good. You just watch... and see... and twit or change the status of you social network... and then tell someone. This is the case of doing nothing. Your neither good or bad.
 
Being nothing really depends on what your term of being good or bad is. If your default is being bad, then nothing is good. But if your default is good then nothing is bad.
 
I admit to be more of the doing nothing kinda person. I'm not good... I'm abstain. If I want to claim to be good, I should do good. If not that I should be bad. But not nothing, considering nothing is floating away.
 
In the case where people have a more colorful life, it's either being good or bad, and never nothing. I will not judge whomever has read this, even though I have made a verdict to which is good or bad or nothing. I'm applying this to myself as a reminder of what I want to be....
 
Why did I ever have this thought? I was reminded by a conversation I had with a new friend. It was spiritual and philosophical in mid day. Miss timing but valid. And I came to the 'wonders of mine' being... why am not that afraid of death? Am I a self righteous person thinking I've done good? Or am I bad having lost faith and fake believe that there is a consequence to my life on earth? This still remains a wonder since tendency is still on both side... I'll save that for later. 

3 comments:

andri akbar said...

mun, please deh... ;)
eniwey your log book is safe with me now.. what a cool diving record mun!!

Vira Tanka Z said...

i know why you're neither. why you're doing nothing. it's becos you're phlegmatic! you just sleep all day. Hihihi.

and it's "stare", not "stair".

peace out!

mumun said...

Yay log book!

Hey.. it's my personal reminder! I do like sleeping and doing nothing, that's true. Like I like laughing hehehehe...


And... it's not my blog if there is not typo right?