Tuesday, October 5, 2010

... something borrowed something blue...

I went swiming a few days ago with the Playgroup. Hmm... usually after a swim, I'm really happy... this time, I'm happy with a little thought to balance it.

As I look back on the photos we took these few days of swiming I realized, all of the members were a totally different bunch of people. None of the old Playgroup members were there. 100% new batch. No familiar faces. 

Roy and Valen
It was a bit of a melancholic moment for me, seeing the faces in my digital camera were all new ones. Although that's a good thing considering I'm adding friends, it's a bit sad to think that I'm not with some old ones. Some have resigned, some don't have the same anthusiasm as they use to and I don't have the same amount of energy to persuade them, some... gave up totally. Yet I'm still here.

Which then led me to think, am I the only surivor of this company? Maybe the more appropriate answer is... I'm the surviving spirit of the Playgroup. I denied that I was the leader of the bunch, but now I know I probably am the number 2 person responsible for it (that still sounds like I'm denial ya?). 

Reni getting wet :P
I guess it says a lot about myself. I like to play and I hope that my 'play' spirit lives on even when I get old and wrinkled. This goes along well these demons and ghouls of mining, people that know how to have a good time even though they're in their 40s and 50s and know how to make the most of it. I think everyone should have that side of them that should always remains playful for the sake of... happiness :)

I love my old Playgroup. Not only were they fun, and new bunch are also too, but I relate more to them. They were selfish, opinionated, logical bunch which I understood more hahhahahah... . I was the weakest link among them. So I had less effort to enjoy myself. They were born comedian, people with character!

Speaking of which, reminds me of a video clip I saw yesterday. It was "Charmless Man" by Blur. Love the song, no doubt. I knew what it meant before, but looking at video made me understood more what it's all about. A person can be successfull. Money and riches can be at his palm, but doesn't mean his a great man or a decent man even. No character, no charm, not interesting. He might have a hugo boss suit, but I pick Damon Alba with his leather jacket and sneakers.
Novi and me
Relating back to the Playgroup... I woulds say the old group are charming men, let's see what the new bunch are about :).

3 comments:

Vira Tanka Z said...

great pics! especially the 3rd & 1st ones.
hey maybe you just need to get to know more of these new kids on the block. they might have different kinds of charm ;)

Anonymous said...

salute to alpha female!!

mumun said...

well I haven't given up.

I don't wanna be the alpha female if it's making me single :*