Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I Used to Think... I Don't Anymore


I had this blog store... for.. more than a year! Better published than stored although its just a paragraph. 

I use to think that the ‘redneck’ dialect was pretty heinous, with all the white trash y’alls and stuff. I just recently (not!) watched ‘The Blind Side’. I changed my perspective. Now I refer it to the ‘American’ dialect. It’s how a lot of Americans talk. And for some reason, not really sure what… but Sandra Bullock made the hoedown talk a little more charming. Now I can see that it’s just another dialect, nothing less than another cultural characteristic. And I don’t see Britney Spears being as trashy anymore… oh how I’ve grown wise :) 

I still think that Hollywood is overrated though…. Not that it matters…

And it's a great movie. 
Picture was taken from here.

2 comments:

rani said...

Haven't watched the movie, but isn't it like that with ngapak dialect? Of course hearing Oka Antara talking in Sang Penari made the difference (heck, Oka Antara can say anything and still sounds ganteng)

mumun said...

Yeah, something like that. What on earth is sounding 'handsome' mean? :))
In the end, it doesn't matter what you sound like, it's what you look like is what's important. I wish I was beautiful :p