Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The best line

Working in Wetar sure has many ups to it, especially for me that likes the sea, nature and going out in the field once in a while. The downs is the forever trip that takes about 30 hours in total. But since I am an Indonesian individual, I can always make an 'up side' to everthing, even for the 30 hour trip.

To get to and from Wetar, I have to travel with a wooden boat for about 16 hours or less. Now how do I enjoy such a ride, especially if it passes a straight and is exposed to open waters with high waves for about 5 hours??? By discovering new beauty...If I happen to travel through an afternoon, I usually spend it lying on the deck and listening to music. Entering the sunset phase which to till now is always ALWAYS perfect I realized that the best line and the most perfect line is the horizon. And not any horizon, but the ocean one.

Nothing beats it! And you can't find any flaw just by looking at it. Even though we know its not even a clear line, it's still a great line to see. So exact and precis. And so very sharp. You can even ejoy it from a plan ride if you happen to cross an ocean. Yet it is basically optical illusion. Man, the Al Mighty is dang good.

The picture is actually a horizontal line from the beach out front from my camp complex. There is never a wrong in the ocean horizon. I guess it's another reason the stare at the sea.

Wait... Did you think that I was gonna talk about a pick up line???? Ck ck ck you people...


1 comment:

Vira Tanka Z said...

Jadi.. mo mulai bikin buku kayak yg di Aksara itu..? Gue support...!!! :D