Friday, September 19, 2008

Other Boleyn Girl


I happen to be very intrigued by this movie that was sitting on the shelve of my housemate... Mama Mia. For lame reasons such as Natalie Portman, side by side with Scarlett not to mention Eric Bana (who was actually hotter then Brad Pitt in Troy) and historical settings, made me grab this movie and watch it in the middle of the night.

I liked it for 3 reason:

-it is based on a historical event. About the love affair of King Henry the VIII. It was based on a novel to start with but using data of history.

- its complexity about sisterhood, love and ambition. The story plot is great. How far can you go for power? Naive me would say, not far. But life is more complex and simple than that. If you were a peasant girl in the village all your life and suddenly had the chance to be the queen?? How far is far? And the plot goes on and on until the last part of the movie.
In addition, I adore Natalie's acting. Her fear seems real and she is amongst the very few that is believe to me. But it's not more than that. It's all the usual for every actor.

- last and definitely not least is Eric Bana. Again, this guy is hot!!! He is the kind of caucassian I like :P. The way his character longs for Anna (Natalie)... before... other things (no spoilers) is so yummy. I wanna be in Anna's position before ... he is very much (as Marie (Scarlett) woul put it) "tender"...
To add to this, I wondered if King Henry VIII was ever as good looking as Eric Bana was. I mean... he did have 7 wives in his periode, not to mention all the mistresses. So I googled... and... well you can see for yourself.


In the end, I definitely recomend you to watch this movie. Story wise, the plot is much exciting. Weight, not as heavy to taken too seriously because... basically the cast is hollywood beautiful. Now how can you take that seriously?

No comments: