Friday, May 7, 2010

Michelle Ma Belle


This is Michelle. The dog at my camp. She's the dog taken in by Opa, our so called grandfather of the camp. Opa spoils her roten with love, thus we are all contagious to give the same feeling towards her. She’s awfully cute, especially when she wags her tail. It’s so full of effort.  

After my trip to Nia's place in Callala Bay, and after getting to know Rosie, her dog, I now have a different perception towards these species. Dogs are pretty funny. They’re kinda stupid like cats, but I think cats are just plain silly sometimes. Dogs are way friendly and super active. They give you relatively unconditional love and the obey orders. Thus, has more function.  

Yet they are abandoned from Islam. Well actually we should avoid their saliva since it’s full of impurities that contaminates our holy cleanliness to pray. That does sound a bit heavy… ah well…  It was said since long ago to be avoided. It was a precaution for Moslems so they can avoid the disease that dog spread, such as rabies I suppose.

So why did God make dogs? If there is a purpose, why aren’t moslems allowed to touch their saliva. And even though there are cures for rabies, why is it that moslems are definite to avoid them? If they were no good, why make them in the first place? Are they some kind of key element in this earth, especially knowing that have to evolve to be so loyal to humans. Take Hachiko for instance, all his life he was dedicated to his master even though his master passed away. According to a website I read, referred by Jowjow my literate mate, Akita’s are meant to be active. Once they're bored, they do silly and even destructive stuff. So what is it with dogs and humans that is so forbidden in Islam? There must be some reason.

Maybe it was from a life time worth of religious dogma that resulted in me to a cat person more than a dog lover. Even if I’ve changed my perspective I still can’t unconditionally love dogs even though I would love to try. Anyways, cats are way funny and they can entertain themselves as they like, not necessary slaves of humans. A trait I love about cats. I am still paranoid of dog saliva. Thus, I will have to partially love Michelle no matter how cute her puppy eyes are. I still hold on to my faith and have to believe that their saliva or even existence is stated as 'danger'. There must be a reason, and hopefully I find it one day and answer one of my questions of life. Like how I found why were meant to ... not eat pork... cos it's just plain good!

No comments: