Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How I didn't realize at first how I'm Odd

I was procrastinating hard on work today, it's the Chinese New Year and I'm celebrating by doing less work than the minimum that I do anyways. But I did more research for www.indohoy.com today which is still a good thing. Time wasn't wasted. 

I stumbled on this blog while reading for indohoy. As I was reading about the oddities of toilet paper in Bangkok, I suddenly realize this: 

 

Well call me the oddities of Asia on this tree pulp product! I use this supply for my morning sneezes, wiping the analysis probe when measuring pH, and for my usual dose of 'toilet paper functions' khihihihihi....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just cultural, right? I mean, if somebody had a roll of toilet paper on the table in the U.S. people wouldn't think it was normal. In much of Asia it's no big deal--I think that's interesting. It doesn't mean I think other people are odd...we just have grown up with different views on how some things are supposed to be used! :)

andri akbar said...

how lucky those toilet papers! we make them more useful (and..mm...more civilized?) here

mumun said...

Hahahaha... you visited! Hello! It was just like a friendly slap, like gossiping about someone but turns out it was you all along! Yeah, it was a culture slap. It's OK to think that we're odd. The world would be too bland without it. I consider my self in an odd in a humorous complimentary way :D It was a good read too.

Hahahhaha... how can you make toilet paper civilized, Leo?

andri akbar said...

yeah definately. we,asian people, raise them from arsehole business to cuisine, health, and even scientific businesses like what you did! they, the civilized ones, are happier compared to their relatives in the west! :D

re-read again my post above, sounds yucky, isnt it. yucks!

Stanilawksy said...

Just can't understand why 'westerners' can't install a washlet in their toilet. I'm so suffering to use toilet paper everytime i'm in the 'west'.

Julia wrote about this cebok-ing matters here: http://www.juliasuryakusuma.com/column.php?menu_id=1&year=2008&month=1&column_id=45