Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another side of learning...

I learned a lot from my first experience of diving. I’ve bloged about it in indohoy, but for traveling reasons. On the more personal side, I’ve narrowed it down to 3 principal revelations.

- Diving reminds me how mighty the Al Mighty is. She works in details and very hard core at it. I can’t even comprehend the reason why She made such a world that is limited to ours. It was mind boggling already knowing there is a lot of commotion in a forest without humans actually realizing it, but the underwater world is a different league. We even have to use gadgets to get down there and see that humans are not everything, yet significant on this earth. Why is there a parallel world even amongst us now? Fish couldn’t care less about humans once we’re underwater, we are mere fireflies in their world.
- After being exposed to the diving community, the soon to be diving community (including me at that time), seeing a parallel world underwater, then rushing back to the big city afterwards made me realize how lonely I am. And I’m not just talking about the romance side. Of course, it was heartbreaking not having that someone to share this wonderful experience. But this is beyond that. It’s as if I don’t belong anywhere. Being so happy underwater with all its wonders, and then coming up for where I truly belong and to society I barely know even until I get home, made me fuzzy to the identity I’ve established so far. Where exactly do I belong? Not to mention when I contemplated it with my love of traveling, having a sense of always traveling as home. Huff…
- On the other hand, the wisdom of learning something new, seeing something different, and meeting new people is also unexpected. I’m more content with myself after diving. I’ve accepted more of myself than I though I could. I’m happier knowing there is more to life than ours in a way. I am more stable in a sense. And I found my slot to shut up more even though it bothers me. A sensation I didn’t see coming. I love being in the water, and probably most of the time will be. And it’s for sure one of my escape from the terrestrial world.

To tell you the truth, it was a hard few days after diving. Being lost and not knowing exactly what was wrong with me. So it was a relief to have found these conclusions. I’m not sure what it will implicate in my future life, but anything I blog is that anyways :D
And oh it’s so hard to stay out of the water after seeing what is in it. I feel you Danang!

1 comment:

Vira Tanka Z said...

SHE works in details, indeed.. Yes, SHE does...