Thursday, September 15, 2011

9 - To the Nines With Agnes Monica


I had a dream the other night. Some random dream that involves expensive pillows, weed, and my favorite item… AGNES MONICA!

I’ve followed her since the beginning of her carrier as a child star. She’s grown up now and she’s all woman, stated by her predictable shift of image to a more lusty look. It’s not that hard to follow her development. She always makes news with whatever she does.

I hate her as much as I love her. I still adore her because she’s in a league of her own. For the time being, no one can compete with her. She dances, has style (I didn’t say it’s always good), and she has a good voice (which is more than enough to be a singer in Indonesia). She dances how a dancer is expected, her body has come to a point where it moves naturally. Not a lot of people have that, even dancers. You have to love dance and music to be able to dance like her (a concept apparently, a lot of people don’t get!!!) And the most important thing that I love about her, is her attitude. She’s a snob and she knows it. And no one can shove her words down her throat because she is the best so far. Admit it!

What I hate about her is that she copies so many Hollywood stars TOO literally. I hate any artist that does this (such as Giring Nidji, and videos of Rizal Mantovani, etc). It’s an insult to my hours in front of the television and to my intelligence about the Pop world. Come on! We know you copied it. You think no one will know?  Seriously??  What else do I hate about her… umm… her voice character isn’t very pleasant for high strong notes, she shouldn’t use it too much… just saying. And for only these 2 reasons I hate her as much as I love her. Yes, that’s how much I hate her for insulting me. So it’s a 50-50 thing.


But after browsing her website gallery  www.agnesmoicaofficial.com and this site here, I have increased my percentage on loving her than hating her, just because of this particular picture. She’s wearing batik in her own way. Look at her! No matter how chic the others are, they're bland. They're all predictable outfits. Nothing special about it. And her? Over the top with Indonesia's finest!

She’s still one of us and proud to be one. She understands her fan base is in Indonesia and the country itself (with such poor quality pop artist) is what made her what she is. I’m so proud of her for using batik when she can easily wear something else. She bares batik gifts, and she knows she is the ambassador for Indonesia. But that's what I think, of course. Hopefully she can one day be www.indohoy.com ‘s ambassador too. *dream

1 comment:

Vira Tanka Z said...

and she's toned, probably because of all the dancing. shall we dance like her, then?